Marijuana for Medical Professionals 2022
Course is currently being re-accredited for online learning. Stayed tuned for details.
Course Description With Target audience
Marijuana for Medical Professionals IV offers up to (to be determined) hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits for physicians and clinicians and up to (to be determined) hours Continuing Nursing Education Credits for nurse practitioners and registered nurses with an emphasis on building good practice standards.
For medical marijuana industry professionals, including medical cannabis budtenders and caregivers, a no-credit 7-hour Cannabis Specialist Basic Certificate is offered by Cannabis Clinicians Colorado for completing the program with an emphasis on patient safety and responsible patient care.
CME / CNE / CEU OBJECTIVES
At the conclusion of this activity, the participants should be able to:
- Describe the current state of cannabis patient care and research in the US and abroad
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the endocannabinoid system
- Describe several common cannabis preparations and their basic uses
- Provide basic care and counsel for new cannabis patients and families
- Recommend cannabis patients to research programs when appropriate
JOINT PROVIDERSHIP STATEMENT
This activity is presented by Cannabis Clinicians Colorado and the Cannabis Nurses Network. It has been planned in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education by HCU Education Ltd. For nurses, it has been planned in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Ohio Nurses Association and HCU Education Ltd.